Cold & Sinus
Our most popular formula of NeoCitran.
Symptoms this product relieves
Flavor: Apple Cinnamon
Uses: Temporarily relieves the following symptoms due to cold and flu: fever and chills, minor body aches and pain, sore throat pain, headache, nasal & sinus congestion, sneezing, runny nose and itchy, watery eyes.
Active Ingredients (in each pouch of 10.2 g powder):
Acetaminophen 650 mg ................... Pain reliever, fever reducer
Phenylephrine hydrochloride 10 mg ............. Nasal decongestant
Pheniramine maleate 20 mg ...................................... Antihistamine
Inactive Ingredients: acesulfame potassium, citric acid, D&C Yellow No.10, FD&C Blue No.1, FD&C Red No.40, flavours, lecithin, maltodextrin, medium chain triglycerides, silicon dioxide, sodium chloride, sodium citrate, sucrose, triacetin, tribasic calcium phosphate.
Other Information: Keep and consult carton for important information before each use. Store tamper evident, child-resistant pouches at room temperature (15 – 25°C).
Directions: Adults and children 12 years and over:
- Dissolve the contents of 1 pouch into 225 mL (one cup) of boiling water.
- May be taken every 4 – 6 hours.
- Do not take more than 6 pouches in 24 hours.
- Children under 12: Do not use.
- Do not take more than directed (see liver warnings).
- This is not a standard dosage unit.
Liver warning Acetaminophen may cause severe or possibly fatal liver damage if you take:
- more than the recommended dose in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- while drinking 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day
Symptoms of liver damage may include:
- yellow skin or eyes
- dark urine
- stomach pain
- unusual tiredness
- loss of appetite
Allergy alert Acetaminophen may cause serious skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If any of the above noted symptoms occur, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use:
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen. If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist
- with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (drugs for depression or Parkinson’s disease) or for two (2) weeks after stopping the MAOI drug
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you:
- have liver or kidney disease
- are taking blood thinning drug warfarin
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
- have heart or thyroid disease, high blood pressure, diabetes
- have difficulty with urination
- have glaucoma, breathing problems such as emphysema, or chronic bronchitis
- take sedatives or tranquilizers
- take any other cough and cold medication
When using this product:
- drowsiness may occur
- alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- do not drive or engage in activities requiring alertness
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- symptoms worsen or last for more than 5 days
- fever lasts more than 3 days
- sore throat pain lasts for more than 2 days
- you have a fever (>38°C)
- you are nervous, dizzy or can’t sleep
Keep out of reach of children. This package contains enough drug to seriously harm a child. In case of overdose, call a poison control centre or get medical help right away. Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.