Our strongest formula, it offers the most pain relief and decongesting medicine of any NeoCitran product plus an antihistamine and cough suppressant so you can rest and recover overnight.
Symptoms this product relieves
Uses: Temporarily relieves cough, cold and flu symptoms: fever, minor body aches and pain, sore throat pain, headache, dry cough, nasal & sinus congestion, runny nose, sneezing and itchy, watery eyes.
Active Ingredients (in each pouch of 9.8 g powder):
Acetaminophen 1000 mg ............... Pain reliever & fever reducer
Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 30 mg ...... Cough suppressant
Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 60 mg ........ Nasal decongestant
Chlorpheniramine maleate 4 mg ............................ Antihistamine
Inactive Ingredients: Acesulfame potassium, aspartame (contains phenylalanine), citric acid, D&C Yellow No.10, flavour (contains soy), maltodextrin, silicon dioxide, sodium citrate, sucrose, tribasic calcium phosphate.
Other Information: Keep and consult carton for important information before each use. Store tamper evident, child-resistant pouches at room temperature (15 – 25°C).
Directions: Adults and children 12 years and over:
- Dissolve the contents of 1 pouch into 225 mL (one cup) of boiling water.
- May be taken every 6 hours.
- Do not take more than 4 pouches in 24 hours.
- Children under 12: Do not use.
- Do not take more than directed (see liver warnings). Use only on the advice of a doctor. This is not a standard dosage unit.
Acetaminophen may cause severe or possibly fatal liver damage if you take:
- more than the recommended dose in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- while drinking 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day
Symptoms of liver damage may include:
- yellow skin or eyes
- dark urine
- stomach pain
- unusual tiredness
- loss of appetite
Allergy alert Acetaminophen may cause serious skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If any of the above noted symptoms occur, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use:
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen or other cough and cold product
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen or any other ingredient in this product
- If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist
- with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (drugs for depression or Parkinson’s disease) or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you:
- have a persistent cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
- have a cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- have difficulty breathing or other chronic lung conditions. These could be signs of a serious condition
- have liver, kidney, heart or thyroid disease
- have diabetes, glaucoma, high blood pressure or other serious medical condition
- have difficulty urinating
- take the blood thinning drug warfarin
- take sedatives or tranquilizers
- take weigh control medication
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
When using this product:
- drowsiness may occur
- alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- do not drive or engage in activities requiring alertness
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- pain lasts for more than 5 days
- fever lasts more than 3 days
- sore throat pain lasts for more than 2 days
- symptoms worsen or last for more than 7 days
- you develop a fever (>38°C), rash, or headache that won’t go away
- you are nervous, dizzy or can’t sleep
- any new symptoms appear
Keep out of reach of children. This package contains enough drug to seriously harm a child. In case of overdose, call a poison control centre or get medical help right away. Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.