Our strongest formula for cold and flu, available in a non-drowsy format for use during the day. It offers the same pain relief and decongesting medicine as our Total Flu Night product but without the antihistamine, so you can take during the day and keep on going.
Symptoms this product relieves
Uses: Temporarily relieves the following symptoms due to cold and flu: fever and chills, minor body aches and pain, sore throat pain, headache, dry cough, nasal & sinus congestion.
Active Ingredients (in each pouch of 10.2 g powder):
Acetaminophen 1000 mg ............... Pain reliever & fever reducer
Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 30 mg ...... Cough suppressant
Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 60 mg ........ Nasal decongestant
Inactive Ingredients: Acesulfame potassium, aspartame (contains phenylalanine), citric acid, D&C Yellow No. 10, flavours, maltodextrin, silicon dioxide, sodium citrate, sucrose, tribasic calcium phosphate.
Other Information: Keep and consult carton for important information before each use. Store tamper evident, child-resistant pouches at room temperature (15 – 25°C).
Directions: Adults and children 12 years and over:
- Dissolve the contents of 1 pouch into 225 mL (one cup) of boiling water.
- May be taken every 6 hours.
- Do not take more than 4 pouches in 24 hours.
- Children under 12: Do not use.
- Do not take more than directed (see liver warnings). Use only on the advice of a doctor. This is not a standard dosage unit.
Acetaminophen may cause severe or possibly fatal liver damage if you take:
- more than the recommended dose in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- while drinking 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day
Symptoms of liver damage may include:
- yellow skin or eyes
- dark urine
- stomach pain
- unusual tiredness
- loss of appetite
Allergy alert Acetaminophen may cause serious skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If any of the above noted symptoms occur, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use:
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen. If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist
- with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (drugs for depression or Parkinson’s disease) or for two (2) weeks after stopping the MAOI drug
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you:
- have liver or kidney disease
- are taking blood thinning drug warfarin
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
- have a persistent cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
- have a cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- have difficulty breathing, chronic bronchitis or other chronic lung conditions. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- have heart or thyroid disease, high blood pressure, diabetes
- have difficulty with urination
- take any other cough and cold medication
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- symptoms worsen or last for more than 5 days
- fever lasts more than 3 days
- sore throat pain lasts for more than 2 days
- you develop a a fever (>38°C), rash, or headache that won’t go away
- you are nervous, dizzy or can’t sleep
Keep out of reach of children. This package contains enough drug to seriously harm a child. In case of overdose, call a poison control centre or get medical help right away. Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.